Chocolate-Fudge S’mores Mug Cake
In honor of National Fudge Day today I enjoyed adapting an old campfire staple into a dangerous new pleasure, minus the campfire. The combination of cake mix and pudding makes an easy, sinfully fudgy cake for the lazy, calorie-counting cooks out there like me.
Makes 1 mug, 352 calories
- 1 graham cracker sheet, crushed and divided
- 1/2 tbsp light buttery spread, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 serving/3 level tablespoons moist-style sugar-free devil’s food cake mix
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute or egg whites
- 1 serving/packet 25-calorie hot chocolate mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 60-calorie sugar-free dark chocolate pudding snack (1 1/4-ounces)
- 2-4 tablespoons marshmallow fluff, creme, or actual marshmallows
- 1 milk chocolate bar miniature or block (optional)
Combine 3/4s of graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and stir until moistened. Spray a microwave-safe mug with cooking spray and press graham crumbs into the bottom.
In a small bowl, combine cake mix, egg substitute, cocoa mix, and water. Mix well and fold in chocolate chips and pudding.
Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes until cake batter is fudgy and moist in the center (depending on the strength of your microwave).
Top with marshmallow and microwave until it is puffed and fluffy then broil until toasted.
Sprinkle with remaining the graham cracker crumbs (and add optional candy bar) and indulge. Just don’t overindulge.